On Wednesday night, I forced myself off my sick bed to watch Poliça play London's Troxy. I sacrificed West Ham v Norwich the previous night to ensure my fitness. I wasn't going to miss this.
Propped up by every medicine known to man, I chose to stand towards the back of the hall, calmly nodding along with like an old sage.
A few things:
1) I've been to the Troxy before but not downstairs. The acoustics are great and even at the back the view isn't too shabby if you're tall enough. A great venue.
2) There were around 3,000 of us. I'm so pleased this band have a fanbase they deserve.
3) Dark Star was the crowd favourite.
4) Everyone took a photo of Channy's wall shadow.
5) Closing the encore with a cover of 'You Don't Own Me' was inspired. (See this performance from US TV last year)
6) Two drummers always trumps one.
8) There's some great photos at The Line Of Best Fit
9) Channy. Again.
10) Poliça are the best band in the world.